Applied Sciences Building
Tarleton State University
SSA is providing MEP engineering for Tarleton State University Applied Science Building in Stephenville, Texas. The 97,800 square-foot, 3-story building consist of classrooms and offices for the Colleges of Engineering Technology, Engineering & Computer Sciences, and the College of Agriculture & Environmental Sciences.
The building includes the following key functions:
- Heavy-use and high bay labs, including Machining & Fabrication, Plastics and Construction. Facilities include paint booths, injection molding machines, kiln, furnaces, CNC machines and welding equipment.
- Fluids, Materials and Structural Design lab. Facilities include gas turbines, pumping apparatus and wind tunnel.
- Environmental Chemistry, Cell Culture and Microscope research labs
- Circuits lab
- Robotics lab
- Automation lab
- Departmental and faculty offices
- General use and computer classrooms
SSA’s design exceeded the requirements for the State of Texas Energy Code by utilizing the latest in energy conservation design concepts. The design concepts include, variable air volume air handling units, and a lab trac control system for the research laboratory, process chilled water system and LED lighting. These concepts, along with providing low flow fixtures and lighting controls allowed the Applied Science Building to be designed to the standards of LEED Silver.