Looking To Join SSA?
We are a growing consulting engineering firm welcoming new, talented team members for our Austin, Dallas, and Houston offices. We seek team players with great interpersonal skills and excellent technical skills. As one of our professionals, you will have the opportunity to work on an array of projects from a variety of markets, where your analytical skills and expertise in design will be applied.
We value our team and offer an environment for our staff to grow and develop, both personally and professionally, while undertaking challenging MEP design projects.
Competitive salary is based on experience, with an annual bonus dependent on company and personal performance. We offer a great benefits program, including 401k, health insurance, dental insurance, and paid time off (PTO). On a case by case basis, moving allowance may be provided for out of town applicants.
How To Apply
If you are interested in a career at Shah Smith & Associates, Inc., we invite you to submit your resumé for consideration whether we are actively recruiting or not. We offer positions from entry level to experienced individuals. We are always willing to give consideration to qualified candidates.
Resumes may be submitted by email to email@example.com. Please reference the position title in subject line.
While we are not currently hiring, below are some positions we fill:
- Proficiency in Revit required. Experience designing healthcare facilities, research laboratories, and central utility systems preferred. Electrical or Plumbing designers only.
- Analysis and design of lighting, power distribution, and fire alarm systems for institutional and industrial clients. Engineer needs to be technically strong, motivated, with excellent client relations, and communication skills.
- Required Qualifications: Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution; 10+ years of design experience in the MEP industry; Professional Engineer license in the State of Texas (or ability to be licensed within 30 days of employment); Experience in design of lighting, power, and fire alarm systems for large ($15 Million +) institutional type projects
- Preferred Qualifications: LEED Accreditation, master planning experience, experience with medium voltage (5kV and above) distribution and design, healthcare project experience, business development, experience with short circuit and protective device coordination software, similar to SKM, EDSA or ETAP.
HVAC Mechanical Engineer
- Analysis and design of facility HVAC/central plant/thermal distribution systems for research, government, commercial, and institutional clients. Engineer needs to be technically strong, motivated, with excellent client relations, and communication skills.
- Required Qualifications: Bachelors or Masters Degree in Mechanical/Architectural Engineering from an ABET accredited institution; 10+ years of design experience in the MEP industry; Professional Engineer license in the State of Texas (or ability to be licensed within 30 days of employment); Experience with large projects ($30 Million +).
- Highly Desired Qualifications: LEED Accreditation; Master planning experience, laboratory and critical space HVAC design, experience with large tonnage central plant design and campus thermal distribution, healthcare project experience, experience with Trane Load 700 software.