Plumbing Engineer/Designer | Houston, Austin and Dallas Offices
Shah Smith & Associates, Inc. (SSA) is seeking a Plumbing Designer/Engineer. This position will be responsible for creating and problem-solving complex system design, including plumbing and fire protection systems such as domestic water, sanitary/vent, storm, fire sprinkler and standpipe systems while adhering to project specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform the engineering design and prepare the construction documents appropriate for the project and in accordance with company standards
- Documenting and incorporating red lines provided by the engineering staff into project models
- Coordination with other in-house disciplines
- Collaborate with architects and other design consultants
- Monitor project status and development to meet project deadlines
- Review design budget hours and coordinate any recommended adjustments with the Project Manager
- Support discipline construction administration activities including preparing responses to request for information and review of equipment submittals
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an accredited University with 1 year or less experience in our industry after graduation.
Established in 1994, SSA is a 100+ person, Texas-based consulting engineering firm, with offices in Houston, Austin and Dallas. We specialize in design and construction management of mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) systems for healthcare, research, science & technology, higher education, corporate, government, public works, and aviation facilities. Clients appreciate our focus on performance standards and cost objectives. Architects value our willingness to look beyond the expected in designing systems to meet aesthetic and sustainability requirements. Our business is about striking a balance, increasing reliability, reducing life-cycle costs, maximizing energy efficiency, minimizing environmental impact, complex integration of systems, simplified maintenance protocols, and anticipating future technological needs.
SSA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This includes medical, dental and life insurance, 9 paid holidays, 3 weeks of PTO, parental leave, 401K Savings plan and much more. For a full look at our benefits, email email@example.com to request our careers brochure.