Mechanical Engineer | Houston, Austin and Dallas Offices
Shah Smith & Associates, Inc. (SSA) is seeking a Mechanical Engineer. The position will be responsible for the analysis and design of mechanical systems for industrial and institutional clients. The successful candidate needs to be technically strong and motivated with excellent communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning, design and specification of mechanical systems
- Perform load calculations, equipment selections, duct static pressure/pump head calculations, and equipment and ductwork/piping layouts to create a complete HVAC system design that meets industry standards and codes
- Coordinate with other disciplines, attend coordination meetings and communicate with other trades such as contractors, equipment manufacturers, sales representatives and architects
- Collaborate with other mechanical staff during the design and documentation of the mechanical systems
- Coordinate the completion of deliverables within the appropriate time to have a QA/QC review completed prior to project deadline
- Review design budget hours and coordinate any recommended adjustments with the Project Manager
- Support construction administration with the review of submittals, RFIs, change orders etc.
- Conduct site visits to ensure mechanical systems are installed per design documents and make recommendations for modifications as needed
- Create project reports, site observation reports, meeting minutes etc. as required
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering* from an ABET accredited institution
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E) in the State of Texas
- 5+ years of design experience in HVAC system design and mechanical systems
- Experience with drafting software such as Revit and AutoCAD
- Previous work at a consulting engineering firm is required
Established in 1994, SSA is a 100+ person, Texas-based consulting engineering firm, with offices in Houston, Austin and Dallas. We specialize in design and construction management of mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) systems for healthcare, research, science & technology, higher education, corporate, government, public works, and aviation facilities. Clients appreciate our focus on performance standards and cost objectives. Architects value our willingness to look beyond the expected in designing systems to meet aesthetic and sustainability requirements. Our business is about striking a balance, increasing reliability, reducing life-cycle costs, maximizing energy efficiency, minimizing environmental impact, complex integration of systems, simplified maintenance protocols, and anticipating future technological needs.
SSA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This includes medical, dental and life insurance, 9 paid holidays, 3 weeks of PTO, parental leave, 401K Savings plan and much more. For a full look at our benefits, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request our careers brochure.
Resumes may be submitted by email to email@example.com. Please reference the position title and office location in the subject line.