Mechanical BIM Modeler | Houston, Austin and Dallas Offices
Shah Smith & Associates, Inc. (SSA) is seeking a Mechanical BIM Modeler. This position will be responsible for preparing detailed mechanical engineering drawings and assisting project engineers and designers on complex design processes of mechanical systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up new Revit MEP projects based on existing project templates
- Develop mechanical construction models in Revit MEP under the supervision of assigned engineering and design staff
- Incorporating red lines provided by the engineering staff into project models
- Coordination with other in-house disciplines
- Review and back-check work for complete and accurate documentation
- Training with Autodesk Revit and Autodesk AutoCAD is REQUIRED
- Work experience in this field is not a requirement. However, candidates with experience in our area of work will be given first consideration.
Established in 1994, SSA is a 100+ person, Texas-based consulting engineering firm, with offices in Houston, Austin and Dallas. We specialize in design and construction management of mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) systems for healthcare, research, science & technology, higher education, corporate, government, public works, and aviation facilities. Clients appreciate our focus on performance standards and cost objectives. Architects value our willingness to look beyond the expected in designing systems to meet aesthetic and sustainability requirements. Our business is about striking a balance, increasing reliability, reducing life-cycle costs, maximizing energy efficiency, minimizing environmental impact, complex integration of systems, simplified maintenance protocols, and anticipating future technological needs.
SSA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This includes medical, dental and life insurance, 9 paid holidays, 3 weeks of PTO, parental leave, 401K Savings plan and much more. For a full look at our benefits, email email@example.com to request our careers brochure.
Resumes may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position title and office location in the subject line.