Electrical Engineer in Training | Houston, Austin and Dallas Offices
Shah Smith & Associates, Inc. (SSA) is seeking an Electrical Engineer in Training (EIT). This position will be responsible for the analysis and design of lighting, power distribution and fire alarm systems. The successful candidate needs to be technically strong and motivated with excellent communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning, design and specification of lighting, power distribution and fire alarm systems under supervision of an Electrical P.E.
- Coordination with other in-house disciplines
- Collaborate with other electrical staff during the design and documentation of electrical systems
- Support P.E.s to coordinate the completion of deliverables within the appropriate time to have a QA/QC review completed prior to project deadline
- Review and back-check work for complete and accurate documentation
- Support P.E.s in construction administration, by assisting in the review of submittals and RFIs
- BSEE - Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering* from an ABET accredited institution.
- Engineers in Training (EIT) must be registered in the State of Texas -- or working towards becoming registered, plus 0-5 years of design experience in the MEP industry.
Established in 1994, SSA is a 100+ person, Texas-based consulting engineering firm, with offices in Houston, Austin and Dallas. We specialize in design and construction management of mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) systems for healthcare, research, science & technology, higher education, corporate, government, public works, and aviation facilities. Clients appreciate our focus on performance standards and cost objectives. Architects value our willingness to look beyond the expected in designing systems to meet aesthetic and sustainability requirements. Our business is about striking a balance, increasing reliability, reducing life-cycle costs, maximizing energy efficiency, minimizing environmental impact, complex integration of systems, simplified maintenance protocols, and anticipating future technological needs.
SSA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This includes medical, dental and life insurance, 9 paid holidays, 3 weeks of PTO, parental leave, 401K Savings plan and much more. For a full look at our benefits, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request our careers brochure.